Sunday, March 8, 2015

Journal cover



Hi there,
I am lucky to be getting my supplies together for an amazing opportunity to do a class with the gorgeous Jane Davenport in Mexico next month. Today I thought I would share with you the cover of one of the journals that I am taking with me.


I am altering an old poetry book and as the book develops I will share pages with you. I have painted the background using acrylic paints and then collaged a printed image of Frida Kahlo on the top of the paint layer.



I have then stencilled designs over the top of the image using extra heavy gesso. I have coloured the detail of the stencils with Ranger Distress Ink pads in Spiced Marmalade and Seedless Preserves.


Stencils used: 
Memory box: Alpha worn out and pattern raymelle

Don't forget to enter this months anything goes challenge at Bizzy Becs Online store 

thanks for stopping by
Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment